Privacy at Amplitel
Our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to Amplitel Pty Ltd as trustee for the Towers Business Operating Trust (ABN 75 357 171 746) and its controlled entities in Australia (collectively ‘we’, ’us’ or ‘our’ in this Privacy Statement).
Our Privacy Statement explains how we collect, store, use and share your personal information.
This current statement came into effect on 02 September 2021. We may need to update it over time but if we do, we will post the updated version on our website.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect about you depends on which of our services you use, how you use those services, and our relationship with you. Generally, we may collect the following types of information about you:
Customers and their representatives
- Information we need to provide you, or the company you represent, with our services, and communicate to you about those services, such as your name and contact details
- Information we need to verify your identity, provide you with access to our sites, and communicate to you about our sites such as your name, contact details, occupation, and proof of identity
- Information about how you use our website, customer portal and other systems and applications
- Information we need to verify your identity, make payments, and communicate to you about our property arrangements with you such as your name, contact details and payment details
- Information about how you use our website
Our website, systems and applications may contain links to other websites or platforms operated by third parties. It is important to be aware that those third-party websites are not required to comply with this Privacy Statement.
How do we collect your personal information?
There are 3 ways that we collect your information.
- You give it to us when you or your representative interacts with either us or one of our trusted partners. This might happen when you are setting up an account with us on our customer portal, using one of our services or applying for physical access to a site, entering into a new property arrangement with us, or filling out a form or contacting us with a problem or query.
- We collect it when you use our services, including contacting us or one of our trusted partners directly or calling our IT Help Desk. When you visit our website or use our customer portal or other systems and applications, we may also collect information about your use of our website, customer portal or other systems and applications (including via cookies and other technologies).
- We obtain it from other sources like regulators, public information, and commercially available personal, identity, geographic and demographic information sources. We may also collect information from our related entities, business and commercial partners and our service providers where this is relevant to us providing services to you.
We understand that you might not want to give us particular personal information. If so, that may mean we are not able to provide you, or the company you represent, with our services, grant you physical access to our sites or make payments to you (Property Owners).
How do we store your personal information?
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format and keep it in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves or that are owned and operated by our service providers.
We use a combination of technical solutions, security controls and internal processes to help us protect your information and our network from unauthorised access and disclosure.
We aim to ensure that personal information is kept as current as possible and that irrelevant or excessive data is deleted or made anonymous as soon as reasonably possible. However, we might need to keep some personal information for a longer period of time to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and for other legitimate business reasons.
How do we use your personal information?
- To provide services to you – We may use your personal information to provide services to you and to conduct our business.
- Administration – We may use your personal information to help us properly manage the services we provide to you, deal with your enquiries and to maintain and update our records. For example, we need to be able to verify your identity in order to grant you physical access to our sites. We will also use your information for charging and billing and to identify breaches of our terms and conditions of service.
- Communication – We need to be able to communicate with you. We might do this via phone, email, SMS, our website, our customer portal and any of our systems and applications.
- Improvement – We are constantly working to not only maintain and improve our services and processes but to develop new ones. We may use your information in a number of ways to help us do this (e.g. to monitor website use, quality and performance, and to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems and infrastructure, including our customer portal and ordering system).
- Compliance – We may be required or permitted by law to collect or use your personal information in certain circumstances.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your information with other parties who provide services to us, including suppliers, agents, partners and contractors that assist us with our business processes and provide our services.
These services include:
- Providing, managing or administering your service including customer enquiries and support services
- Installation, maintenance and repair services, where those services have a direct impact on you or the company you represent (e.g. structure maintenance that impacts the equipment owned by you or one of our customers)
- Fraud, crime or misconduct identification, investigation and prevention services
We may also share your information with:
- Your authorised representatives or advisers
- If you are an authorised representative of one of our customers, their other authorised representatives
- Other parties when you ask us to do so or when you consent to that disclosure for the purposes of fraud, crime or misconduct identification, investigation and prevention services
- Our business or commercial partners and other businesses we work with, including other members of the Telstra group of companies
- Law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities as required or permitted by law
- Other parties as required or permitted by law
- For the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/ sale of all or part of our assets or business.
In some cases, the persons or organisations that we may share your information with may be based outside the location where the information is collected. For example, we may share your information with other parties in Australia, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, and the United States of America.
Where we do this, we require these parties to take appropriate measures to protect that information and to restrict how they can use that information.
How can you access or correct your personal information?
To ensure that we can provide you with the best services possible, it’s important that you make sure the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
You also have the right to request a copy of your information that we hold about you. Please contact us using the channels outlined in our ‘Contact Us’ page on our website (www.amplitel.com.au) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge to submit a request or to correct information, however we may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your personal information on request.
How can you make a privacy complaint?
You can also use our contact details to notify us of any privacy complaints you have against us. We are committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for when we will respond to your complaint.
While we hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints you may have, you can also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Statement, our management of your information or you would like a copy of this statement sent to you, please contact us using the channels outlined in our ‘Contact Us’ page on our website (www.amplitel.com.au) or email us at email@example.com.